- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 1cm pieces
- 4 large onions, again peeled and chopped into roughly 1cm pieces
- 250 g Demerara sugar
- 2 large Bramley apple, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 3 medium red peppers, chopped into 1cm pieces
- 200 g plump sultanas
- 500 ml cider vinegar
- 500 ml apple juice
- 4 tbsp fresh ginger, (heaped) finely chopped
- 12 whole black peppercorns
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- salt to taste
- Salt the pumpkin and leave it in a colander overnight.
- Rinse well the next day.
- Add all the ingredients together and cook over low heat until it has a thick but soft consistency.
- Season well and store in jars.
- It will store in the fridge for one week.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket