- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- ½ yellow & red pepper, diced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 200 g long grain rice
- 400 ml boiling water, or double the volume of water to rice
- 2 chicken stock cubes, crushed
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 pinches pepper, lots
- 2 tbsp salted butter, cold and cubed
- Preheat the oven to 200C, gas 6.
- Heat the oil in an ovenproof dish, add the onion, turmeric & paprika and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and coat well in the oil and, onions and red and yellow peppers
- Add the boiling water, sprinkle in the stock cubes, stir, and then bring back to the boil.
- Put the lid on and put it in the oven for 14 minutes.
- Once cooked, stir well, add the butter, re-season, and leave covered for 5 minutes before serving.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket