- 20 freshwater prawns , defrosted and peeled
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
For the rub
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp freshly milled black pepper
- 2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp dried onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
For the salad
- 4 tbsp any oil
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled, chopped 1cm pieces
- 0.5 small butternut squash, peeled and seeds removed, chopped in 1cm pieces
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded, chopped 1cm pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded, chopped 1cm pieces
- 200 g fine rice noodles , (finer the better)
For the dressing
- 30 ml Yuzu, or juice 1 small orange 1 small lime
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mirin or runny honey
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, very finely chopped
- 0.5 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- lime segments
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan or wok.
- Fry the vegetables over medium heat until cooked but not overcooked, about 10 minutes, then keep warm.
- Season well with salt and pepper,
- Bring a separate pan to a boil and add a little salt.
- Plunge in the noodles and cook for probably 3-4 minutes or until soft, then drain well in a colander.
- Mix all the spices well together.
- Heat the oil and dust the prawns all over with the spices.
- Add the prawns and cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip over, and cook for a further 2 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Remove from the pan whilst still slightly undercooked.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
- Add the warm noodles to the cooked vegetables and mix well.
- Add the dressing and prawns and mix well. Serve with extra lime.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket