- 4 large assorted sausages, cut into 1cm pieces
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 red chill, finely chopped
- 4 chopped coriander
- 225 g basmati rice
- 150 ml glass white wine
- 600 ml strong chicken stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C 350F Gas 4
- Heat the butter in a large ovenproof pan, add the sausages and cook for a couple of minutes to take a little colour.
- Remove the sausages from the pan, add the spices and cook for 2 minutes to release the flavour. Then add onion and garlic and cook gently for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the rice and coat well in the oils and butter, then add the wine, stock, sausages and coriander. Season well, then bring to a boil, stirring.
- Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and cook in the oven for 14-16 minutes, or until the rice is tender. Stir well and serve
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket