Crunchy and packed full of flavours and ideal for sharing.
- 180 g bag baby spinach
- Knob of butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tsp green basil pesto, (heaped)
- 125 g ball of mozzarella
- 2 sheets Filo pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C
- Saute the spinach in a little butter until wilted. Remove and pat dry with kitchen paper squeeze as much of the excess moisture away as you can. Season with salt and pepper
- Place the spinach into a bowl with the pesto and chopped mozzarella. If the mixture feels too wet, add a few dried breadcrumbs.
- Brush the filo pastry all over with melted butter, place the filling across the base of the filo pastry sheet.
- Roll up into a cigar shape and fold the ends underneath
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle a little salt and pepper on top
- Bake in the oven at 200C for 20 minutes
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket