British asparagus is in season from April to June, so make the most of this great British crop while you can.
- 320 g sheet ready rolled butter puff pastry
- 200 g jar 'ready made' hollandaise (ambient)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 350 g British Asparagus (April-June)
- 350 g Jersey Royal or any small new potato, cooked then sliced
- 50 g watercress
- 4 salad onions, finely sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Place a baking sheet upside down in the oven.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently sauté the asparagus, so it takes a little colour. Then spoon onto a plate.
- Unroll the pastry and place on a floured board and roll even thinner; the thinner, the better, don't worry too much about the shape.
- Dock well, then place onto a non-stick baking sheet.
- Place the hollandaise into a bowl and add the sliced potatoes, onions and roughly chopped watercress. Mix well, and season with pepper. There should be enough salt.
- Pile into the rolled pastry base, keeping 2-3 cm from the edge.
- Arrange the asparagus over the top neatly, then bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until the pastry is nicely browned and cooked.
- Dress some watercress with a little olive oil and sherry vinegar and serve with the salad.
- Cut into 4 and serve warm or chilled.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket