- 6 tbsp any oil
- 8 chicken thighs, skin removed bone in
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 600 ml strong chicken stock
- 200 g thin baby carrots, washed really well (you can blanch first if you want)
- 200 g frozen peas
- 200 g frozen broad beans
- 2 Little Gem lettuce cut into quarters
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Heat the oil, then add the seasoned chicken thighs and brown well.
- Remove the chicken and brown the lettuce wedges quickly in the chicken oil and remove.
- Finally, add the onions and garlic and again sauté quickly, then add a little flour to soak up the oil.
- Add the stock and bring to a simmer. Add the chicken thighs, carrots, peas, beans and lettuce.
- Bring to the simmer, cover and pop into the oven cook for 25 minutes, or until the chicken and carrots are just cooked.
- Serve with crusty French bread.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket