- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium courgette, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400 g chopped tomatoes in juice
- 200 g frozen peas
- 400 g smoked chicken breast, roughly chopped
- 1 OXO cube
- 10 sheets filo pastry, roughly
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 25 g melted butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- smoked paprika
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6
- Line a 20cm x 3cm deep ovenproof frying pan with 3-4 sheets of filo pastry, brush each layer with a little beaten egg and melted butter, keep any trimmings for the top later.
- Cook for 10 minutes to set the egg and pastry, then remove from the oven.
- While the pastry is browning, heat the oil in a saucepan add the onions, courgette and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes to soften over high heat.
- Add the tomatoes, peas and stock cube and simmer until nice and thick.
- Stir in the roughly chopped chicken and season well with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into the cooked filo lined pan.
- Very finely slice the rest of the filo pastry and place it into a bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and season well with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and chopped parsley.
- Arrange the rest of the filo paste on top of the filled pie.
- Pop into the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes to brown nicely.
- Serve with a green salad.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket