- 350 g natural smoked haddock
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 6 spring onions, sliced into 2cm pieces on a long angle
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- pinch or two curry powder
- 2 x 250g packets microwave Basmati rice, one plain one brown rice, reheated
- 100 g cooked frozen peas
- 10 medium asparagus spears, griddled and sliced into 2cm pieces on a long angle
- 6 tbsp roughly chopped parsley
- 2 hard boiled eggs, shelled and roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp créme fraîche (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the skinned haddock into a bowl, pour over boiling water and immediately cover with cling film leave for 6-8 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan. Add the spring onions and cook for 1 minute, then add the mushrooms and a pinch or two of curry powder to soften for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the warmed rice, peas, asparagus, parsley and mix well.
- Drain the haddock well, and then flake into nice pieces, not too small.
- Add the haddock, eggs and créme fraiche, season well with salt and pepper.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket