This is a quick way to make a cheat's trifle ... great for last minute entertaining!
- 6 ripe plums, halved and stones removed
- 200 ml water
- 55 g caster sugar
- 6 tbsp Carnation Condensed Milk Light
- 200 g half fat créme fraîche
- 350 g mixed berries, defrosted
- 300 g prepared Madeira cake, cut into 12 slices
- 2 tbsp brandy
- toasted flaked almonds
- Place the plums in a saucepan with the water, add the sugar, cover, and gently poach for 10 minutes until tender.
- Remove the plums and reserve the cooking liquid. Continue to boil the liquid until reduced by half.
- Stir together the condensed milk and créme fraîche and fold in the mixed berries.
- Divide the cake slices equally onto 6 serving plates.
- Stir the brandy into the cooking juices and evenly drizzle over the cake slices.
- Top with the plums then the fruit mixture.
- Serve scattered with the toasted flaked almonds.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket