Restaurant quality, at a price you'll feel at home with.
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 beef stock cube
- 2 small glasses (150mls) Whisky
- 100 ml water
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorn, crushed
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pot parsley, chopped
- 250 ml double cream
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 sirloin steaks
For the Tomatoes
- 6 fresh tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly milled black pepper
- 1 pinch granulated sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C gas 5
- Place the tomatoes into a baking tray, and then drizzle over the oil and the vinegar. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Place into the preheated oven and cook for 1 hour to let them dry out. Keep spooning over the oil and vinegar, so they glaze nicely.
- Next make the sauce by placing the onion, stock cube, whisky, water, peppercorns, vinegar and mustard into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer until reduced by 3/4, then add the parsley and the double cream, re-boil and remove from the heat.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then cover with cling film.
- Meanwhile, pre-heat the grill or frying pan until nice and hot, add a little oil.
- Season the steaks well with salt and pepper and grill or fry until the steak is to your liking. This will take between 4-8 minutes on each side.
- Once cooked, remove from the pan and keep warm (rest) for 5 minutes. Serve with the cooked oven chips and lots of rocket.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket