- 2 fillet steaks
For the Tarragon Butter
- ½ onion
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- 150 ml red wine
- ½ beef stock cube
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 115 g softened butter
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
For the Onion Rings
- 1 onion, cut into thick rings
- 4 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tbsp milk
- vegetable oil for deep frying
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- To make the tarragon butter. Place the onion, pepper, wine, stock cube and thyme in a small pan and simmer until the red wine has almost evaporated. Leave to cool, then mix into the butter.
- Season the flour. Dust the onion rings in flour, dip in milk, then coat in flour again.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown and crispy, then drain on kitchen paper.
- Pat dry the steaks on kitchen paper, then cook on both sides in a hot pan until cooked to your taste
- Slice the steak and arrange it on a plate. Add a little of the tarragon butter and serve with the onion rings on the side.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket