- 3 medium eggs, at room temperature
- 125 g caster sugar
- 100 g flour, sieved
- 75 g salted butter, melted
- 9 tbsp Sweet Tip Raspberry jam
- melted butter, for the moulds
- Place the steamer pan on the stove, and half fill with water.
- Bring to the boil and add the steamer tray and tight-fitting lid.
- Meanwhile, whisk on high speed the orange zest and caster sugar until very thick and mousey.
- Butter the moulds well, then place the jam into the bottom of the moulds evenly.
- Remove the bowl from the machine, rain over the flour and carefully fold into the egg mixture. Pay particular attention to the bottom of the bowl.
- When the flour has nearly been incorporated, add the melted butter.
- Carefully fold together, it looks like the butter is not going to fold, but it will.
- Take care, making sure to get to the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour or spoon the mixture into a 20cm by 11cm deep Pyrex bowl, then cover with a piece of buttered foil.
- Pop into the boiling steamer with the lid on, then steam for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Keep an eye on the boiling water. You may need to top it up with water from the kettle. I have found, though, that half a steamer full should be sufficient for 30-45 minutes steaming.
- Once cooked, the moulds will be full and have a slightly domed top.
- Carefully remove from the steamer and leave for 5 minutes to set.
- Remove the foil, turn it out onto a large plate.
- Serve with plenty of hot Bird's custard.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket
Steamed Tiptree Raspberry Jam Sponge Pudding
Amount per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.