- 400 g wild Alaska pacific cod loins, (4 x 100g)
- 2 spring onions, sliced into 3cm juliennes
- 3cm piece root ginger, peeled and sliced into 3cm juliennes
- 200 g mangetout
- 2 pak choi, quartered
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Ginger Black Bean Dressing
- 100 g black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp black bean sauce
- 100 ml dry sherry
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp grated root ginger
- Season the cod loins, place in a steamer and scatter over the spring onions and ginger.
- Steam for 6 minutes, adding the greens halfway through
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients except the black beans to make the dressing. Bring to the boil and reduce for 1-2 minutes to give a syrup consistency.
- Add the black beans and cook for a further minute. You won't need to add salt to the dressing as the soy sauce will add this naturally.
- Serve the cod loins over crisp green vegetables with plenty of ginger black bean dressing.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket