This is a real favourite in our house. I think it's the syrup that makes it a real treat! The kids especially love this pudding. Just as well, it's so simple and easy to make.
- 175 g unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 170 g Carnation Condensed Milk
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 0.5 tsp baking powder
- 85 g stem ginger, finely chopped
Sticky orange syrup
- 115 g icing sugar
- 200 ml water
- 1 piece fresh stem ginger, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp stem ginger
- 2 tbsp orange jelly marmalade, no peel
- pared and chopped zest and juice of an orange
- créme fraîche or custard to serve
- Preheat oven to 350F / Gas Mark 4.
- Place all the sponge pudding ingredients, EXCEPT the stem ginger, in a bowl and whisk till smooth and pale.
- Fold in the chopped stem ginger and pour the mixture into a 2½ pint ovenproof pudding bowl, then place the bowl in a roasting tray and fill with boiling water until ⅔ up the side of the pudding bowl.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until firm.
To make the sauce
- Place all the ingredients, EXCEPT the orange zest, in a pan and boil for 5-10 minutes or until the mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in orange zest.
- Remove pudding from the oven, and serve hot with the orange syrup poured over, and a spoon of créme fraîche or custard.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket