- 150 g salted butter soft
- 150 g dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp treacle
- 100 mls full-fat milk
- 2 medium eggs, beaten at room temperature
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp baking powder, level
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 100 g dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp stem ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp syrup from the stem ginger jar
- 50 mls water
- Melt the butter, dark brown sugar, treacle and milk, do not overheat.
- Cool slightly, then add the beaten eggs.
- Add the ground ginger, lemon zest, flour, and baking powder, then mix well but do not overbeat.
- Spoon into a lined loaf tin and cook for 35-40 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven.
- Bring the dark brown sugar, stem ginger, syrup, and water to a simmer.
- Cook down slightly to thicken, then pour over the cake evenly.
- Leave to cool completely before turning out.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket