- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Sticky Glaze
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped finely
- 1 small onion, peeled and VERY chopped finely
- 150 g brown sugar
- 75 soy sauce
- 250 apple juice
- 4 large limes juice and finely grated zest
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Place the drumsticks into a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Add a little salt and bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and gently simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked, soft, but not falling off the bone. Strain well and cool, then chill.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the glaze into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook down until you have roughly half the original volume.
- Mix the cornflour and water, stir into the sauce to thicken, cool.
- When ready to re-cook, heat the bbq and lightly oil the bars and the chilled chicken.
- Brown well on one side, then spoon over half of the glaze. (the other half is used as a dipping sauce)
- Turn over and reglaze and cook until nice sticky and well coloured. Serve with the remaining sauce
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket