Fun lunch box or party food is worth its weight in gold. Get the kids to lend a hand with stirring the mixture. They will love it.
- 100 g butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 85 g dark brown soft sugar
- 397 g Carnation Condensed Milk
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 100 g raisins
- 85 g crisp puffed rice
- you will also need a 20cm (8") spring-form cake tin greased and base lined with baking parchment
- In a large, non-stick saucepan, melt the butter and sugars over low heat until the sugar has completely dissolved, stirring continuously.
- Add the condensed milk and golden syrup and gently bring to the boil, stirring.
- Simmer for exactly 1 minute, then stir in the raisins and puffed rice.
- Pour into the prepared tin and leave to set in a cool place.
- When cool, cut into squares.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket