Everyone will love this really quick trifle, a real British pudding with British Strawberries and a softly set creamy vanilla filling.
- 500 g punnet strawberries
- 200 g raspberry Swiss roll
- 3 tbsp amaretto or sherry (or orange juice)
- 300 g tub light cream cheese
- 8 tbsp Carnation Condensed Milk
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 ml half fat créme fraîche
- 20 g toasted flaked almonds
- Wash the strawberries.
- Place half the strawberries onto a board and roughly chop with a knife, then tip into a small bowl and crush with a fork until very juicy. Add the remaining strawberries to the bowl.
- Slice the cake and cut each slice in half.
- Divide the cake between 6 serving glasses.
- Drizzle half a tablespoon of amaretto over each and top with the strawberries.
- Beat the cream cheese with the condensed milk and vanilla.
- Cover the strawberries with the creamy mixture.
- Top each trifle with a good dollop of créme fraîche.
- Sprinkle with the toasted almonds and chill until ready to serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket