- 1 large brioche loaf, oblong, slightly stale
- 200 g clotted cream
- 300 g fresh English strawberries, halved
- 4 tbsp strawberry jam
- 4 tbsp lemon curd
- 100 g fresh blueberries
- finely grated zest 2 large lemons
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Cut the brioche into 5 even slices horizontally.
- Spread the clotted cream over 4 brioche slices evenly, leaving the top crust clean.
- Layer up 2 slices with strawberries and spread liberally with jam.
- Layer the other 2 slices with lemon curd, blueberries and lemon zest.
- Stack up alternately with strawberry and lemon curd slices, then place the crust on top. Then wrap tightly in foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, repress the foil, cool and chill well, best overnight.
- The next day, remove it from the fridge and take it on your picnic. Serve sliced with perhaps a little more clotted cream.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket