- 4 medium chicken thighs, boned and skinned
- 100 g dried stuffing mix, made up to pack instructions, then cooled slightly
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 2 small onions, peeled finely chopped
- 400 g can of chopped tomatoes in juice with herbs
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 chicken Oxo stock cube
- 1 pinch sugar
- 200 ml water
- 300 g frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6
- Remove the bones from the thighs.
- Place the chicken thighs in a plastic bag or clingfilm, using a rolling pin, beat out the chicken thighs with a little water until nice and thin.
- Divide the stuffing roughly into 4 and place it into the 4 thinly beaten out thighs and fold up neatly, don't worry too much if they are no covered completely.
- Pour the frozen peas into the bottom of the baking dish.
- Place the filled thighs on top of the peas so they are nice and snug.
- Heat the oil, add the onions cook for a few minutes to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, puree, stock cube, water and bring to a boil.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then stir well.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and pop it into the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with mash.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket