- 4 tbsp any oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 small chicken breasts, diced 2cm chunks
- 225 g rice, Basmati is probably has the best flavour, but long grain will be fine
- 1 large carrot, finely grated (needs to cook in 12 minutes)
- 150 ml small glass white wine, optional
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 600 ml boiling water
- 1 cannellini beans, drained
- 150 g frozen peas
- 6 small heads, young nettles, finely chopped
- 50 g fresh baby spinach, (1 bag)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150 g Stilton cheese, roughly grated
- 4 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 200 Gas 6.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan with lids.
- Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes to soften, then add the chicken pieces and warm through.
- Add the rice, carrot, wine, stock cube, water, frozen peas, and beans. Next, add the spinach and chopped nettles.
- Season well with salt and pepper, and then bring to a boil, stirring.
- Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid, turn the heat right down, and cook for roughly 15 minutes in the oven or until the rice is cooked and the water absorbed.
- You will be amazed at how little heat is required if you have a tight-fitting lid.
- Once cooked, remove the lids and fluff up with a spoon or fork.
- Add the cheese and fresh basil, mix well again and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket