- 4 long slices air dried ham, British is better
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 pinch caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp raw carrot, very finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dessert apple such a Cox, very finely chopped
- 4 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ red onion, VERY finely sliced
- 150 g Cropwell Bishop Stilton, crumbled or forked, but not a mush
- Make the dressing by whisking the mustard with a pinch of salt, sugar and pepper.
- Add the vinegar, then drizzle in the olive oil.
- Next, add the chopped carrot, apple, parsley and onion and really mix well.
- Finally, add the cheese, then leave for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully wrap a slice of air-dried ham around each chicken breast.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a sauté pan, dust the breasts with the cracked pepper.
- Add the wrapped chicken and cook slowly for about 20 minutes, occasionally turning, so that the chicken cooks thoroughly and the air-dried ham crispens.
- Serve sliced, on top of some sliced endive and a little watercress, drizzle over the dressing and serve warm.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket