The good thing about this dish is that it will keep for a few days in the fridge. You can vary the heat of the dish by adding more or less chilli. This recipe is fairly mild.
- 4 olive oil
- 1 small onion, roughly copped
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh red chilli
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped fresh oregano
- 500 g mixed mushrooms, flat, brown, portabello - roughly chopped
- 225 g mature cheddar cheese, roughly grated
- 200 ml sour cream, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander, plus extra to serve
- 6 small soft flour tortillas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh lime wedge, to serve
- Pre heat the oven to 180C, Gas 4.
- Heat half the oil in a large pan or wok, add the onion, chilli, garlic, oregano, and cook until the onion has softened, stirring occasionally. Remove from the wok and place in a bowl.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the mushrooms. Cook over high heat (the hotter the better) until softened, try to singe the mushrooms.
- Spoon the mushrooms into the bowl with the onions. Add the cheese, soured cream and coriander, then season generously and stir well.
- Immediately divide the mixture among soft tortillas, roll up and serve with the extra soured cream, coriander and wedges of fresh lime.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket