- 2 tbsp table salt, level
- 2 tbsp caster sugar, level
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 4 large pork chops 3-4 cm thick, rind on, but nicked every 1cm
- Mix the salt, sugar and pepper together really well, then sprinkle evenly over the pork chops, rubbing in gently on each side, then leave for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn over and leave for a further 10 minutes.
- Wash off the sugar and salt from the chops, then pat really dry with a kitchen towel.
- Heat a frying pan, add a dash of oil and gently cook the chops for 2-3 minutes on each side. Then remove the pan from the stove, cover loosely with foil and leave for 10 minutes, making sure the chops are just cooked, not overcooked.
- Serve with ketchup.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket