- 4 large pork chops 4 cm thick, rind off, but the fat nicked every 1cm
- 2 tbsp table salt, level
- 1 tbsp celery salt, level
- 2 tbsp caster sugar, level
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic granules
- 50 mls olive oil
- 100 mls cider vinegar
- 100 mls cider
- 50 mls tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp dried garlic powder
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp red chilli flakes
- Mix the salts, sugar, pepper, and garlic really well, then sprinkle evenly over the pork chops, rub in gently, turn over, repeat the process, and leave for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn over and leave for a further 10 minutes.
- Wash off the sugar and salt from the chops, then pat really dry with a kitchen towel.
- Heat a frying pan, add a dash of oil, gently cook the chops for 4-5 minutes on each side, remove from the pan from the stove, cover loosely with foil, and leave for 10 minutes, making sure the chops are just cooked, not overcooked.
- Baste with the sauce just before serving and flash seal for a few seconds, do not overcook
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket