- 650 g belly pork, (roughly) in 1 piece rind removed
- 2 tbsp oil, any will do
- 1 small glass strong pork or chicken stock
- 1 small glass dry cider
- 2 large onions, VERY finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, again chopped
- few sage leaves
- 4 large sticks celery, finely chopped
- 1 large Bramley apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 100 g chorizo or any spicy sausage, chopped roughly, optional
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- Season the pork with a little salt, then gently flour, dusting off the excess.
- Place the pork into the hot oil and butter and cook over moderate heat for 5-6 minutes all over, do not overcook.
- They will be nicely browned and golden, remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Add the peppercorns and vinegar and swill around the pan. The vinegar will evaporate mostly, then add the yellow bean sauce, heat through.
- Stir in the cream and reboil, then add the parsley.
- Season with a little sugar and salt should be okay, though.
- Slice the pork and coat with the sauce.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket