- 8 medium free-range eggs
- 280 g caster sugar
- 70 g plain flour
- 70 g cornflour, sifted together
- 100 g salted butter, melted
- 200 g fresh raspberries
- 200 g fresh blueberries
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp orange flower water
- 3 tbsp icing sugar, heaped, plus extra to dust
- 254 ml double cream, lightly whipped
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, Gas 7.
- Line two Swiss roll tins, about 38 x 28cm (15 x 11”), with silicone paper.
- Whisk the eggs and castor sugar together until they are thick and creamy and hold their own weight (meaning that when the whisk is lifted and drawn across the top of the froth, the trail stays on top for at least 10 seconds).
- Fold in the sieved flours and, when nearly incorporated, then finally the melted butter, taking care not to overwork the mix and lose all the air you’ve just put in.
- Spread onto the lined Swiss roll trays, then bake in the oven for about 6-8 minutes, until set and very slightly shrunken away from the sides of the tray.
- Immediately turn the trays out onto clean tea towels (not smelling of fabric softener). The sponge should fall out of the trays cleanly.
- Flick about 2-3 tsp / 10-15ml cold water over the back of the silicone paper and spread over lightly with your fingers.
- Carefully peel away the paper taking care not to rip the sides of the sponge.
- Place an identical piece of baking parchment on top of the warm sponge, roll up carefully, and then leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the raspberries and blueberries into a bowl, add the vanilla and flower water, then mix well.
- Add the lightly whipped cream and fold together well.
- Once the sponges are cool, carefully unroll, taking care not to tear the sponge.
- Spoon in the fruit cream evenly over the 2 rolls.
- Carefully roll back up securely.
- Slice and serve with more berries.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket