- 2 bags of salad leaves from the supermarket, be a little adventurous with the choice
- 4 large eggs
- 225 g fresh young asparagus, washed
- 8 radishes, washed
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- a few slices of ham, steer clear of the pre packed stuff
- 4 tbsp olive oil, or good quality veg oil if you prefer, or even a mixture
- 2 tbsp sherry or white wine vinegar, malt is fine
- 1 tsp sugar
- oil to cook the asparagus
- Bring a pan of cold water to a boil, add the eggs and cook for 3 minutes. Remove and cool the eggs in cold water; this process stops the egg yolks from discolouring. Then peel but leave whole.
- Next, wash the salad leaves and drain well, place in a bowl. Put the oils in an old jam jar, add the mustard, salt, pepper and sugar. Pop on the lid and shake well until thoroughly mixed. Or you can whisk together in a bowl.
- Place a frying pan or griddle pan on the stove. Oil the asparagus, place in the pan, season well, and cook for 3-4 minutes until slightly charred on all sides. Arrange the slices of ham around the plate, cut the eggs in half, the yolks should be slightly runny, arrange them cut side up.
- Next, add the asparagus, radishes and the spring onions in with the lettuces, drizzle over the dressing, season well and carefully mix with 2 forks. Pile on top of the ham and asparagus, and eat straight away
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket