Chicken pot roast is a delicious classic dish that brings families together. The succulent chicken, aromatic herbs, and tender vegetables create a perfect balance of flavours and textures. Gather your loved ones around the table to savour this mouth-watering meal.
- 1.5 kg chicken, giblets removed
- 2 tbsp any oil
- 2 heads fresh garlic, cut in half horizontally
- 1 red pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped into small pieces
- 400 g can haricot beans, well drained
- 20 g chicken stock cube, Oxo
- 200 ml boiling water
- 1 large bag fresh spinach
- juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chicken granules
- ground pepper
- Heat the oven to 220° C gas 7.
- Season well inside and out.
- Place into a deep large casserole dish and drizzle with oil.
- Place the dish uncovered into the oven and cook the chicken for 15-20 minutes to brown slightly.
- Once browned, add the heads of garlic, peppers, beans, stock cube, water and then cover the chicken with a tight-fitting lid.
- Turn the oven down to 200C gas 6 and cook for 45 minutes to one hour, do not overcook.
- Once cooked, lift out the chicken and cover with foil and leave to rest.
- Squeeze out the garlic heads into the stock (discard the skins and stalk) and the onions, add the spinach and simmer on the stove to wilt the spinach.
- Thicken with a few chicken granules or a little starch and water, then season well and add a little lemon juice. You may need to add a little water.
- Pull the chicken into quarters and serve with peppers and spinach.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket