A nice summer light meal, one-pot cooking at its best. Add any vegetables you like from the freezer, and they will all cook perfectly. This dish is also really nice eaten cold.
- 1 tbsp any oil
- 6 Gluten-Free sausages, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp fenugreek
- 0.25 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 225 g Basmati rice, or any rice
- glass white wine, optional
- 10 g Gluten-Free chicken stock cube
- 150 g frozen peas
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g baby leaf spinach
- Preheat the oven to 190C gas 5.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan, add the sausages and cook for a couple of minutes to take a little colour.
- Remove the sausages from the pan and add the spices. Cook for 2 minutes to release the flavour, add onion and garlic and cook gently for about 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the rice and coat well in oils: add the wine, water, stock cube, sausages and peas.
- Season well with salt and pepper, then bring to a boil, stirring.
- Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and cook in the oven for 14-16 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- Once cooked, add the spinach, stir well, cover and leave for 10 minutes, then serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket