A great vegetarian steak, a surprisingly tasty and healthy alternative.
- 4 large 4cm thick slices of swede, cut horizontally and peeled
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Place the swede in a deep saucepan, so they fit snugly, cover with the oil and bring to a simmer.
- Add the garlic.
- Turn the heat down and simmer for 10-15 minutes until cooked through but not overcooked.
- Then cover and leave to cool in the oil until needed.
- When ready, drain well and grill, fry or barb q to warm through.
- Serve straight away
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket