- 1 medium white hard or red cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, coarse ground
For the Sauce
- 4 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 100 white wine
- 2 shallots, peeled and very finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tbsp whipping cream
- 75 g cold butter, in small cubes
- 75 g chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1 small bunch chives, very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp hazelnut oil, optional
- Place the vinegar, white wine, shallots, salt and pepper into a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cook down until you have about 2-3 tbsp left.
- Pop in the cream and bring it to a boil again. Cook until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and add the butter in small cubes whisking all the time.
- The sauce will thicken naturally.
- Check the seasoning and adjust if needed. Add the chopped roasted hazelnuts and oil if using and whisk in. Keep warm and covered.
- Add the chives at the last minute to keep their colour.
- Next, place the wedges of cabbage on a microwavable plate, dust with salt and pepper, then add a little water.
- Cover with cling film, make a small hole on the top.
- Cook in the microwave on high power for 3 minutes, leave for 1 minute. Cook again for a further 2 minutes, then leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- When ready to serve. Lay the cooked, drained wedges onto a plate, spoon over the butter sauce at the last minute.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket