This is great with any roast meat or fish.
- 700 g carrots, organic or bunched
- 115 g unsalted butter, softened but not melted
- 4 tbsp chopped dill, heaped
- juice of ½ lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- Cut the carrots into 4 lengthways.
- Beat the butter and lemon juice together season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the chopped dill and mix well.
- Spoon onto a piece of greaseproof paper or cling film and roll up into a sausage shape, secure the ends and chill well.
- Cook the carrots in plenty of boiling salted water with a couple of teaspoons of sugar until just cooked.
- Drain and cover with cling film to keep in the flavour.
- When serving, heat the carrots in a little boiling water or pop in the microwave.
- Unwrap the butter, cut into ½ cm slices, lay on top of the carrots and serve half melted.
- The butter can be made and kept in a fridge for a couple of weeks if sealed or frozen for 2 months.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket