- 8 ripe plum tomatoes or vine tomatoes
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 50 ml good olive oil
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- pinch or two garam marsala
- freshly milled black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 140C / Gas 1.
- Cut the tomatoes in half lengthways.
- Place a cooling rack securely on top of a shallow baking tin and arrange the tomatoes on top, cut side up close together.
- Stir together the vinegar, olive oil and caster sugar.
- Spoon the mixture over the tomatoes.Bake in the oven for 3-4 hours or until half dehydrated or until the tomatoes have shrunk in size by about half.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket