- 3 tbsp any oil
- 1 small can sweetcorn
- 300 g roughly sweet potato cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 red pepper, again cut into 1cm cubes
- 100 ml water or veg stock
- ½ can refried beans
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 pickled jalapeños, sliced
- 150 g Monterey Jack cheddar, finely grated
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 8 soft tortillas
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the sweetcorn and cook until it pops and has a really good colour.
- Next, add the potatoes and peppers, water or stock, cover and cook over a high heat until the potatoes are cooked; remove the lid, boil off all the moisture, and season well.
- Spread 4 of the tortillas with a spoon of refried beans.
- Spoon over the hot potato mixture evenly.
- Place on a few spring onions, jalapenos, cheese and a dusting of oregano.
- Place into a frying pan or quesadilla press.
- Top with a second tortilla and place the tortilla on a medium heat to start the cooking process.
- Cut a piece of baking parchment to fit snugly on the top tortilla.
- Gently heat a second frying pan and then place it on top of the baking parchment, so you cook from above and below. You can pop the pans into a hot oven to cook through if you want.
- You may need to reheat the top pan a couple of times to warm through thoroughly.
- Alternately you can cook in a quesadilla cooker.
- Lift the cooked quesadilla, cut and eat.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket