These are fabulous little morsels; make sure the oil is hot enough so that the inside will be fluffy and light. The recipe makes about 30 to allow 4 servings of six little bites. Double up if you need to make more.
- 250 g ricotta
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 egg yolk
- 45 g brown rice flour blend
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp Gluten-Free baking powder, level
- ½ g xanthan gum, (⅛ level tsp)
- finely grated zest 1 lemon
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- Place the ricotta in a colander and leave to drain until dry, about 30 minutes or best overnight.
- Pour the egg into a bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum and lemon zest, and then mix really well. Next, add the cheese and mix well again.
- Heat the oil to a temperature of 180C.
- Either roll the mixture into small balls or use a piping bag with no nozzle. Pipe small balls and drop them into the hot oil. Cook in small batches until a nice golden colour, swirling with a spoon, so you get an even colour for about 3 minutes.
- Drain well on kitchen paper and sprinkle icing sugar and cinnamon, if you like.
- Serve hot and fresh straight away.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket