- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g sweetcorn kernels
- 300 g plain flour
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch ground black pepper
- 284 ml buttermilk
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 100 g sunblush dried tomatoes, chopped
- 200 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the sweetcorn and cook until the kernels are golden brown. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180C, Gas 4 and use paper cases to line the muffin tins.
- Mix the flour, bicarb, baking powder, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Place half the roasted sweetcorn in a blender with the buttermilk, eggs, and blitz until smooth. Tip into a bowl, add the chives, tomatoes and cheese, and stir.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and lightly mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked through and
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket