- 250 g beans, split in half lengthways if too thick
- 1 ground turmeric, heaped tsp
- 1 ground cumin, level tsp
- 1 tbsp black onion seeds
- 2 tbsp parsley, fresh finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, freshly milled
- 200 g chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder, heaped
- 100 mls sparkling water, roughly
For the Dip
- 25 g salted anchovies, pasted
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp chopped black olives
- Preheat the vegetable oil to 175C.
- Place the beans, spices, coriander, salt and pepper into a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the baking powder to the flour and mix well, then add to the spices.
- Add enough sparkling water to mix the bean mix into a wet, soft mixture. The mixture must not be runny.
- Pull off lumps the size of a small walnut, it‚Äôs quite nice to see the onion coming out of the batter.
- Drop no more than 4-5 lumps into the hot oil. They will colour very quickly due to the turmeric.
- Once they have cooked for 3 minutes, flip over and cook the other side until nice and evenly browned.
- Drain well place into a bowl.
- Serve the hot fritters with the dip.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket