- 1 yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 medium Kohlrabi, peeled and cut into thinnest strips as possible
- 250 g French beans, cut into 2cm pieces on a long angle
- 12 cherry plum tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp fresh Thai basil, heaped and chopped
For the dressing
- juice of 4 large limes
- 4 tbsp tamarind paste (Bart's), Bart's
- 1 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp palm sugar or soft demerara sugar, heaped
- 50 mls extra virgin olive oil
- salt, optional
- 175 g dry roasted peanuts, finely crushed
- fresh Thai basil
- lime wedges
- Place the pepper, carrots, kohlrabi, beans, tomatoes and Thai basil into a large bowl and mix well.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing into a bowl and mix really well.
- Pour over the salad vegetables and mix well, taste and re-season if needed. I generally find that there is enough seasoning with soy sauce and chilli pepper.
- Leave for 20 minutes re mix at room temperature with peanuts sprinkled over and serve with lime wedges and a sprinkling of basil leaves.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket