- 500 g beef mince, best with a 20% fat content
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 3 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp paprika, optional
- 3 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 400 g can chopped tomatoes in sauce
- 300 ml water, roughly
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp sugar
- 400 g can black eyed peas, drained
- Heat the oil and add the onions and garlic and soften.
- Add the mince and break up well with a wooden spoon.
- Then cook until all the moisture has evaporated and the meat is starting to brown nicely.
- Next, add the spices, herbs, tomatoes, water, puree and sugar.
- Mix well and taste adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Finally, add the drained beans and cook for 30-40 minutes, gently.
- Serve with steamed rice, soft tortillas or cornbread and tuck in.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket