I cooked this on TV some months ago and had many calls about it, so here is the recipe really packed full of flavour and quite easy to do.
- 4 vegetable oil
- 8 chicken thighs boned, skinned and roughly cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 tsp Thai green curry paste, heaped
- 2 tsp tamarind paste (Bart's)
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 dash tamari soy sauce
- 100 ml strong chicken stock
- 2 tsp sugar
- 400 ml coconut milk
- juice of 3 limes
- 6 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chicken pieces, cornflour and sesame oil in a bowl and stir together.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok.
- Add the chicken to the wok and stir-fry until it has taken a little colour. Remove the chicken from the pan and place it in a strainer, saving the oil.
- Pour some of the strained oil back into the wok and reheat.
- Add the shallots, ginger and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Next, add the curry paste, tamarind paste, fish sauce, tamari soy sauce, chicken stock, sugar and coconut milk and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and lime juice and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the basil and coriander and check the seasoning. Serve with steamed rice.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket