Thai-style salad is a refreshing dish made with colourful vegetables and fresh herbs. The dressing is a tangy mixture of lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar, giving it a sweet and sour taste. It's a healthy and customizable dish. Thai Style Salad
- 8 paper-thin slices of lemon, cut into quarters
- 150 g green beans, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut into fine strips
- 200 g white cabbage, finely sliced
- 75 g baby spinach leaves
- 75 g dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 10 cherry plum tomatoes, halved
For the dressing
- juice of 3 large limes
- 3 tbsp tamarind paste, Bart’s
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp red chilli heaped finely chopped
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- salt, optional
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 bunch fresh Thai basil
- Mix the lemon, beans, carrots, cabbage, and spinach leaves into a bowl.
- Place all of the ingredients for the dressing apart from the oil into a separate bowl and mix well. Finally, add the oil in a thin stream and mix well.
- Pour over the vegetables, then add the tomatoes; mix lightly but well.
- Taste and re-season if needed. I generally find that there is enough seasoning with soy sauce and chilli pepper.
- Leave for 20 minutes at room temperature, then re-mix and serve sprinkled with chopped peanuts, coriander and Thai basil.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket