I love this salad. Crisp, tasty and really filling. The powerful flavour of the dressing is really fabulous, a great starter on its own or main course with a roasted corn fed chicken breast.
- 8 paper thin slices of lemon, cut into quarters
- 2 medium organic carrots, peeled
- 200 g white cabbage, (quarter roughly)
- 100 g Kenya beans, cut into 2cm pieces
- 10 cherry plum tomatoes, halved
For the dressing
- juice of 3 large limes
- 3 tbsp tamarind paste (Barts)
- 3 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp red chilli, heaped finely chopped
- 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp caster sugar, heaped
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- 1 pinch salt, optional
- Place the lemon, beans and tomatoes into a large bowl.
- Place the cabbage into the food processor attachment on the food processor and fit with the medium slicer blade.
- Process the carrots, so they are finely sliced. Add to the bowl and mix well.
- Place all of the dressing ingredients, apart from the oil, into a separate bowl and mix well, finally. Add the oil in a thin stream and mix well.
- Pour over the salad and mix well, taste and re-season if needed. I generally find that there is enough seasoning with soy sauce and chilli pepper.
- Leave for 20 minutes at room temperature, then re-mix and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket