A true classic recipe, this one is made simple with Carnation. Normally you have to whisk egg whites etc., but this one sets perfectly without and has a lighter texture than most recipes.
- 3 tsp Espresso powder
- 5 tbsp cold water
- 300 g tub low fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract (not essence
- 3 tbsp coffee liqueur
- 6 tbsp Carnation Condensed Milk
- 8 sponge fingers
- 15 g cocoa
- you will also need 4 pretty cocktail or open wine glasses
- Dissolve the coffee granules in 2tbsp boiling water.
- Tip into a large shallow dish with the coffee liqueur and the cold water. Mix.
- Beat the cream cheese with the condensed milk and vanilla.
- Dip one sponge finger into the coffee mixture until soaked.
- Break the sponge into the bottom of one of the glasses.
- Top with a generous spoonful of the custard and a generous sprinkling of cocoa. Repeat the layers once more, finishing with the cocoa dusting. Use the remaining mixture to fill the other 3 glasses.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket