Try these delicious Indian sweets in celebration of Diwali ...
- 200 g milk powder
- 170 g Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 55 g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp ground cardamom or nutmeg
- 397 g Carnation Condensed Milk
- toasted coconut
- Mix the milk powder and evaporated milk in a bowl until it forms a thick and crumbly paste.
- Heat the butter over low heat until melted, stir in the coconut and toast for a few minutes, stir and watch the mixture to prevent the coconut from burning.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients and the milk mixture. The mix will be solid to start with and will soften as you continue to heat it. Keep stirring until the mixture starts to come away from the sides.
- Pour into a non-stick tray, spread to a 2cm thickness and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Cut into diamonds when cool. Alternatively, roll into approx 20 balls and roll in toasted coconut.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket