A great twist on fish fingers, these tofu fingers are seriously tasty with a satisfying crunch.
- 400 g smoked tofu, patted really dry in kitchen towel
- 2 tbsp brown miso paste
- ground pepper
- 6 tbsp cornflour
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 300 g dried Japanese breadcrumbs, (Panko)
- 50 any oil
- wraps, white bread
- lettuce, rocket, finely shredded
- tomato, thinly slice
- mayonnaise, ketchup, siracha sauce
- Spoon a little miso sauce over each of the pieces of tofu, then a little ground pepper.
- Dust each one lightly in cornflour and remove any excess.
- Dip or brush each piece of tofu with beaten egg and coat in the breadcrumbs, press down well and chill well.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the fingers gently for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- I don't add any extra salt, as you have sauces to compensate.
- Prepare the bread or wrap.
- Add the fingers and eat.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket