- 250 g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 250 g mascarpone
- 150 g mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 500 g tasty tomatoes, large and really ripe
- sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- whole basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200C gas 6.
- Lay the pastry onto a board and lightly flour.
- Roll a little to make it slightly thinner.
- Dock really well with a fork and brush with the beaten egg evenly, then sprinkle with the sesame seeds evenly.
- Cook in the preheated oven until lightly browned; turn over once when cooking so you get an even cook.
- Once cooked, cool.
- Trim the edges and cut in half lengthways.
- Mix the mascarpone, mayo and basil really well.
- Spread evenly over the cooked pastry.
- Slice the tomatoes thinly and then overlap on the pastry, right to the edges.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and a thin drizzle of honey.
- Sprinkle over whole fresh basil leaves and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket