- 1 butternut squash, peeled and sliced into 8 or 10 long slices
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 120 g cooked green beans, 4cm sticks
- ½ Iceberg lettuce, finely sliced
- 4 spring onions, cut into long shards
- 250 g packet microwave Pilau rice, warmed
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- juice of 2 large limes
- 1 tsp freshly milled black pepper
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 pots of coriander, roughly chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C, gas mark 6.
- Place the sliced squash into a baking tray, add the oil and season well with salt and pepper. Mix well and bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatoes, cooked green beans and Iceberg lettuce into a deep bowl, mix carefully but well.
- Remove the cooked squash from the oven and cool slightly, then slice it into long pieces.
- Once cooled, add the cooked squash to the tomatoes, green beans and Iceberg lettuce.
- Next, add the re-heated rice.
- Spoon over the vinegar, sugar, lime juice, pepper, oil and coriander; really mix well, but carefully.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket