Fresh tomato soup is delightful and even a cut above the benchmark of Heinz, "heresy!" I hear you say, but no, this is a super homemade recipe.
- 800 g ripe tasty vine tomatoes, (halved)
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 600 ml water
- 2 vegetable stock cubes
- cornflour and water mixed together
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1 Pinch sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 100 ml single cream
- Preheat the oven to 200C, Gas mark 6.
- Place the tomatoes, garlic, tomato puree and olive oil into a baking tray. Cook for 20 minutes to shrivel up by roughly half. This helps to intensify the flavour.
- Once cooked, place the tomatoes into a saucepan and then add the water and stock cubes. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Liquidise the soup and pass through a fine sieve.
- Reheat the soup and then add a little cornflour and water to thicken slightly, then season well with salt, sugar, balsamic vinegar and pepper.
- Add the cream and serve.
Add ingredients from Vickery TV straight to your favourite online supermarket